Information on the Renewable Energy Act
Full name: German Renewable Energy Act
Objectives according to § 1 of the EEG
The purpose of this Act is to increase the share of renewable energy
1. 40 to 45 percent by the year 2025,
2. 55 to 60 percent by the year 2035 and
3. at least 80 percent by the year 2050.
This expansion is to be continuous, cost-efficient and network-compatible.
How it works:
- Operators of PV systems receive a fixed state feed-in tariff over a specific period
- The amount of the feed-in tariff depends on the costs involved in generating the kWp of the system installed and decreases every year by the reduction in the generation costs
- The difference between the amount of feed-in tariff paid and the market price for the electricity is divided between all market participants (EEG levy)